Thursday, January 8, 2009

Planning for January and February worship

I've updated the worship worksheet to show the rest of the Sundays until Lent begins in March. If you care to see what is proposed and have any ideas about them, I'd love to hear from you.

Generally, January's Sundays will consider the notion of call - to be, to listen, to change - with special care to relate to matters of church viability. I figure this might be timely in our season of Annual Reports and congregational meetings.

February focuses on promises (that God makes to us, that we make to one another in community) of strength, healing/wholeness and transformation.

Again, all this is open to change and your input and involvement is most welcome. (Although I beg your indulgence and understanding if your suggestion isn't used - or am I overestimating the volume of responses to think choice between varying ideas might be necessary? I live in hope).