Monday, July 5, 2010

Even More News

Last Wednesday evening, I informed the Official Board of my request to Presbytery for "a change in pastoral relationship", effectively tendering my resignation as minister with Glencoe-Appin Pastoral Charge as of January 1, 2011. Yesterday, I announced this news during worship to those assembled.

I cannot yet disclose details about where I will be going at that time, but once further meetings have been conducted and motions approved, everything will become public knowledge then.

It was a difficult (and somewhat surprising) decision, and rotten timing on my part, but I hope you understand that such opportunities rarely present themselves and I could discern God's nudge in the process.

In the meantime, for the next six months, I am committed to the work of congregational care, visioning and action with Trinity and Appin United Churches - and as a friend suggested, perhaps my leaving will allow for even greater possibilities to emerge for a new future ...

All this amid our discussion regarding union of our two separate congregations into one. Such are the winds of change, and they are gusting it seems.

"Peace be on this house. The Kingdom of God has come near."

Blessings always,
Kenji